Scholars Alumni Program
The Foundation supported hospitality management students when they were in school, and we want to help keep their careers on track through our Scholars Alumni Program.
The alumni program strives to create awareness of its members through networking, education, and career development opportunities. It was created exclusively for AH&LEF scholarship recipients to assist former scholars in advancing their hospitality careers, and promote them as "future hospitality leaders" to the industry. Benefits are free to all past AH&LEF scholars. The only requirement is that you keep the Foundation updated on your career progress by completing an annual survey. Even if you are no longer employed in the industry, or do not wish us to publish your contact information, it’s important for AH&LEF’s programs and future fundraising efforts to be able to track the career progress of our recipients.
- Gain recognition as an AH&LEF Scholars Alumni. By receiving an AH&LEF scholarship you are part of a special group who were selected from among thousands of hospitality management students. AH&LEF works to promote its alumni as a resource for hospitality's brightest professionals through various Foundation publications, promotions, and its Website.
- Locate your colleagues through the AH&LEF Scholars Alumni Resource Directory. This directory features active alumni who responded to the survey and includes their contact information and current position. The directory is available to alumni, hospitality recruiters, and professional leaders in the industry.
- As an alumni member, you have opportunities to network with fellow alumni from across the country, opening doors to advance your career. The annual Scholars Alumni Breakfast is a unique networking experience for alumni to meet and talk to industry leaders. It’s held in conjunction with the International Hotel, Motel + Restaurant Show in New York City each November. Additionally, all alumni are encouraged to attend AH&LA conferences as well as regional and state meetings held through AH&LA’s partner state hotel associations.
- View hospitality job links on our Website, and also access AH&LA's Career Center to find job opportunities.
- Opportunity to join AH&LA's Under 30 Gateway (if under 30 years of age) at a discounted rate. Gateway membership offers many AH&LA benefits including a mentorship program.